New Mexico Children, Youth and Families Department: Family Support ServicesDeadline: March 15, 2016
Family Support Services (FSS) is a time limited intensive home based program to support families in reunifying children in CYFD Protective Services (PS) custody with their parents. These programs will assist families by providing intensive services to parents that will allow them to reunify with their children in an expedited time frame. Programs include assisting parents in complying with their treatment plan and working intensely with parents and CYFD PS division to assist in reunifying families in an expedited time frame (no more than four months from the date of referral and within 12 months of the most recent removal from the home). Services are available to families twenty 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and are multi-faceted in nature to include:
- Environmental assessment and intervention to improve individual and family interactions and skill building
- Increasing parents protective capacities of their children
- Self and family management
- Case management and coordination and linkages with other services and support in order to increase parental knowledge and reduce the risk of child abuse/neglect
- Reunification services inclusive of the family, the foster parents, and the child if it is appropriate for his/her inclusion, PS staff, extended family members, and other community and service providers who are interested and deemed appropriate for inclusion
The provision of services are as follows: Contractors shall use the New Mexico Child and Safety Assessment Tool and the risk assessment, available community resources, available and appropriate extended family resources, and a Family Centered Meeting Plan in order to assess the family’s needs. The type of services provided through the FSS Program must include:
- Community outreach
- Referral to a Home Visiting Program
- Family assessment
- Outcome driven service plan
- Monitoring the families engagement with community agencies
- Family participation in wraparound services
- Ongoing measurement of safety threats and protective factors, using the NM Safety Assessment Tool
- Evidence based parenting program for each parent
- Crisis safety planning and implementation
Amount: Approximately $568,600 will be awarded per fiscal year for three years for a total of approximately $1,705,800. There will be multiple contractual agreements. Funding will be awarded for a three year period.
Eligibility: An Offeror is defined as “any person, corporation, or partnership who chooses to submit a proposal.”
Bernalillo County, Eddy County, Lea County, San Juan County, Sandoval County, and Santa Fe County will be the target counties for Family Support Services. Any proposals submitted for a county other than these six identified counties will be rejected.
Note: A recommended pre-proposal conference will be held on February 22, 2016.