New Mexico Children, Youth and Families Department: New Mexico Domestic Violence Coalition ServicesDeadline: April 7, 2015
The Children, Youth and Families Department (CYFD) seeks to establish a contract for the procurement of high quality domestic violence training, technical assistance, and implementation and oversight of the Children’s Capacity Building project by a statewide, New Mexico-based domestic violence coalition. The contract awarded to the coalition shall provide prioritized services to domestic violence agencies contracted with CYFD. Training and technical assistance should include a broad range of up-to- date topics relevant to domestic violence agencies and advocates who serve domestic violence victim/survivors, child witnesses, and offenders. The coalition shall also develop and implement an evidence-based program to build capacity within domestic violence agencies to provide trauma-informed services to child witnesses and non-offending parents of domestic violence. The coalition is required to have demonstrated experience in and strong working knowledge of domestic violence service provision, culturally and trauma-informed service provision as well as a proven track record of providing similar services to domestic violence advocates and service providers serving New Mexico families.
Performance Measures are to:
- Promote the understanding and use of trauma-informed practices in domestic violence services throughout New Mexico, including advocates, management, and boards.
- Maintain high levels of basic and advanced training while reducing the cost of participation through online modalities and the development of a diverse network of highly trained Associate Trainers.
- Increase training and training resources for domestic violence offender intervention and treatment program facilitators.
Goals are to support domestic violence victim service providers in New Mexico by continuing to develop high quality training and technical assistance resources throughout the state. Objectives are:
- Deliver up to date domestic violence 40-hour Core Advocacy Training program based on trauma-informed practices.
- Develop Associate Trainers Corps who will deliver the Core Advocacy Training and advanced domestic violence training through in-person and online modalities including recruiting and training of Associate Trainers.
- Conduct accessible advanced domestic violence training opportunities for coalition member programs and other CYFD contractors.
- Provide technical assistance regarding service delivery and organizational development to advocates, managers, executive directors, and boards as requested or mandated by CYFD.
- Implement the Capacity-Building Project for Children’s Services.
Amount: Contract award for up to four years.
Eligibility: “Offeror” is defined as any person, corporation, or partnership who chooses to submit a proposal.
Note: A pre-proposal conference will be held on March 12, 2015. Attendance is highly recommended, but not a prerequisite.