New Mexico Department of Health: Family Supports and Reimbursement ProgramDeadline: October 21, 2019
The New Mexico Department of Health (NMDOH) will support organizations to administer the New Mexico Family Supports and Reimbursement Program. The Family Supports and Reimbursement Program will assist individuals with disabilities and/or their families who are currently waiting for an opening in one of the Medicaid Waiver programs and can submit an application to request reimbursement. More specifically, eligibility is for individuals on the Wait List not yet enrolled in Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnostic and Treatment (EPSDT), Medicaid Community Benefit program, Medicaid State Plan benefits, and any Medicaid Waiver program.
Successful organizations will:
- Provide Fiscal Management Services for the Family Reimbursement Program: Process payments for services delivered to individuals eligible for the reimbursement program per the program rules and invoicing requirements. A check will need to be issued to the applicant for the expenses that are identified by the individual and approved by the NMDOH Developmental Disabilities Supports Division (DDSD).
- Maintain accurate records of payments that were processed including: Provide monthly accounting of number of applications received by region, summaries of demographic information of all applications according to application information, and balance of program funds remaining until depletion as well as a summary of the item/goods/subsidies approved.
Amount: Each applicant may apply for up to $1,470 per application. NMDOH is seeking to carry out the project statewide but are open to using multiple vendors if Offeror(s) prefer to propose services for a single region.
- Contractor must be an experienced fiscal management agency in the state of New Mexico or have similar experience with other governmental entities
- Contractor must have experience working with individuals and families of persons with intellectual or developmental disabilities and recipients of the New Mexico Developmental Disabilities; Medically Fragile and Mi Via Waivers or have similar experience with other governmental entities
- Contractor must have staffing, computer, and financial management systems in place that can accommodate the scope and terms of the contract