New Mexico Department of Health: Rural Primary Health Care ActDeadline: April 6, 2015
The purpose of this request for proposal (RFP) is to provide financial assistance to eligible programs that have applied for, and demonstrated a need for, basic assistance in order to sustain a minimum level of delivery of primary health care services in health care underserved areas of New Mexico pursuant to the provisions of the Rural Primary Health Care Act (RPHCA).
The RPHCA Program provides State funding for primary care clinic sites throughout New Mexico, and has documented providing close to 1,000,000 patient encounters to over 300,000 patients in the last fiscal year 2014. Clinics funded by RPHCA represent a significant component of the health care safety net for New Mexico. All RPHCA funded clinics must utilize sliding fee scales, and cannot turn away a patient solely based on their inability to pay. Contracts resulting from this RFP will require contractors, at a minimum to:
- Submit a detailed Action Plan for acceptance and approval by the Division. The Action Plan will include a description of RPHCA supported activities.
- Develop, implement, and submit a detailed narrative Quality Improvement/Assurance (QI/QA) Plan for each clinic site.
- Submit detailed narrative monthly progress reports on the activities as presented in the Action Plan.
- Enter monthly data in the RPHCA Online System for Division approval and acceptance on primary care services provided at each reporting site.
- Submit invoices by deadlines for services provided during the preceding month.
- Maintain detailed time records and/or expenditure records indicating the nature of activities and expenditures related to the contract detailed work plan.
- Demonstrate activities of the Governing Board and, as appropriate, the local or regional primary care advisory board whose membership is generally representative of the HCUA.
- Have available for inspection copies of current New Mexico professional licenses or certifications for all service providers whose salaries or contracts are supported with RPHCA funds.
Amount: The RFP will result in multiple Offers being selected for contracts.
Eligibility: Offerors shall:
- Be a New Mexico nonprofit community-based entity with 501(c)(3) tax exempt status, a local government, or tribal government, which provides primary health care services to residents of a health care underserved area designated for primary health care needs.
- Have a governing board whose membership is generally representative of the health care area it serves, including consumers of the primary health care services it provides.
- Have as its purpose to sustain or provide a minimum level of primary health care services. Services may additionally include medical support, diagnostic and treatment services, pharmacy, laboratory, radiology, preventive health services, behavioral health services, patient follow-up and/or dental and dental support services.
- Have policies and procedures which ensure that no person will be denied primary health care services they require because of inability to pay.
- Have been in operation for more than six months prior to July 1, 2014 providing basic primary care services in the health care underserved area for which funding is requested.
Note: Offerors interested in submitting a proposal must submit the “Acknowledgement of Receipt of RFP/Intent to Submit form” by Monday, March 23, 2015.