NewSchools Venture Fund: Diverse Leaders
NewSchools supports innovators who are tackling the challenge of making sure every young person in America finishes high school prepared and inspired to create and live the life they want – a good life, full of opportunity, choices, connection, and meaning.
Investing in leadership has always been an important factor in reimagining education, and it has long been a part of the NewSchools strategy. A current talent challenge is diversifying the leadership ranks of education organizations. Today’s young people are the most diverse generation in our nation’s history. The Diverse Leaders program will invest in organizations that are:
- Recruiting new Black and Latino leaders into education
- Accelerating the careers of Black and Latino leaders already working in education
- Creating networks of Black and Latino leaders
- Building the capacity of education organizations to become more diverse, equitable, and inclusive
- Influencing the field to be more diverse, equitable, and inclusive in areas such as research, design, policy, and/or advocacy
NewSchools’ aim is to see Black and Latino leaders represent at least 40 percent of PreK-12 education leadership, mirroring the racial and ethnic representation of U.S. students.
Amount: Funding is in the range of $100,000-$200,000.
Eligibility: This funding opportunity is open to entrepreneurs with ambitious ideas focused on growing, advancing, and supporting Black and Latino leadership in education.
This post was filed under: