North Atlantic Treaty Organization: Public Diplomacy Division Co-Sponsorship GrantsDeadline: March 15, 2019
The North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) seeks to foster awareness and understanding of NATO, its values, policies, and activities, and to increase the level of debate on peace, security, and defense related issues. To this end, NATO will support a wide range of public diplomacy activities, including conferences, seminars, and other outreach projects, designed to engage with audiences around the world.
Co-sponsorship for conferences, seminars, workshops, and other relevant public diplomacy activities, such as digital, multimedia, or online projects, on peace and security-related issues is available in the form of discretionary grants from NATO’s Public Diplomacy Division. Projects should focus on aspects of NATO’s current agenda, such as:
- Defense and security (including defense investment and capabilities)
- Projecting stability/NATO partnerships
- Defense, deterrence, and dialogue (with focus on NATO-Russia relations)
- Transatlantic security cooperation and new security challenges
Eligibility: Typically, recipients are Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), universities, think tanks, and other pertinent civil society organizations.
Amount: Levels of support are:
- Projects up to €10,000 ($11,437 USD) are eligible for up to 100% sponsorship
- Projects between €10,000 ($11,437 USD) and €20,000 ($22,877 USD) are eligible for up to €10,000 ($11,437 USD) in sponsorship
- Projects above €20,000 ($22,877 USD) are eligible for up to 50% in sponsorship