North Central New Mexico Economic Development District, Non-Metro Area Agency on Aging: Services to the ElderlyDeadline: October 30, 2015
The North Central New Mexico Economic Development District, Non–Metro Area Agency on Aging (Non–Metro AAA) is accepting proposals for the provision of services to the elderly, to include, but not limited to, congregate meals, home delivered meals, transportation, adult day care, respite care, homemaker services, etc. Special will be emphasis placed on older individuals who have the greatest economic or social need, particularly older individuals with low incomes, including minority older individuals with low incomes, older individuals with limited English proficiency, and older individuals residing in rural areas, and to inform these elders of the availability of supportive and nutrition services. Applicants must specifically provide information regarding the number of American Indian elders within the proposed service area and how the applicant will work to increase access of services to these individuals.
Amount: Payment will be provided through a maximum/capped unit rate contract in accordance with the approved service. Final contract rate will be based on final negotiations with the Non-Metro AAA based on historical data, funding availability and other reasonable factors. Rates are detailed as follows:
- Congregate Meal Service – $4 per meal
- Home Delivered Meal Service – $6 per meal
- Transportation Service – $10 per one-way-trip
- Assisted Transportation Service – $15 per one-way-trip
- Case Management Service – $16 per hour
- Homemaker Service – $15 per hour
- Chore Service – Seasonal $16 per hour; Year Round – $15 per hour
- Adult Day Care Service – $12 per hour
- Caregiver Respite Care Service -$15 per hour
- Grandparent Raising Grandchildren Respite Care Service – $15 per hour
- Caregiver Access Assistance – TBD per contact (negotiable)
- Caregiver Counseling Service – TBD per session (negotiable)
- Caregiver Information Service – TBD per activity (negotiable)
- Caregiver Supplemental Service – TBD per distribution event (negotiable)
- Evidence Based MyCD Service – $4 participant hour
- Evidence Based EnhanceFitness Service – $6 participant hour
Eligibility: Applicants may be a private/public nonprofit corporation; a government agency including public schools, tribal units and institutions of higher education; non-for-profit community-based organizations, or a for-profit corporation. Collaborative entities and coalitions may also be considered for funding and are encouraged. Proposals will be accepted from current providers/vendors and new applicants. Funding is provided in every New Mexico County except Bernalillo (which is served by the Albuquerque AAA).
Note: Two pre-application conferences will be held: one in Ruidoso on October 15, 2015; and one in Santa Fe on October 20, 2015. A letter of intent is due by September 30, 2015.