Paralyzed Veterans of America FoundationDeadline: January 10, 2018
The Paralyzed Veterans of America (PVA) Education and Training Foundation is focused on funding educational projects that benefit and serve individuals with spinal cord injury or disease (SCI/D), their families and caregivers. The Education Foundation has six topic categories for funding consideration which are:
- Consumer and community education to improve the health, independence and quality of life for individuals with SCI/D
- Professional development and education to improve the knowledge and competencies of health professionals who serve the SCI/D community, including fellowship and traineeship programs
- Research utilization and dissemination, which translates findings into practice
- Assistive technology—Development of teaching tools or pilot programs that demonstrate innovative approaches to the use of assistive devices
- Conferences and symposia that provide education and collaboration opportunities for members of the SCI/D community
- Consumer Guides to develop companion consumer information guides based on PVA SCI Consortium Clinical Practice Guidelines
Amount: One-year projects up to a maximum of $50,000; conferences and symposia up to $15,000 maximum.
Eligibility: Members of academic institutions, health care providers and organizations, or consumer advocates and organizations.