Paso Del Norte Health Foundation: IGNITE InitiativeDeadline: April 16, 2019
The Paso del Norte Health Foundation seeks to promote the IGNITE Initiative, which is aligned with the Foundation’s mission to promote health and prevent disease through leadership in health education, research, and advocacy. The purpose of this initiative is to get disconnected youth to become involved with at least one high-quality out of school program so as to increase their chances of growing up healthy. The goals of IGNITE are:
- To improve a range of health outcomes by engaging disconnected youth in the Paso del Norte Region in high-quality programs during out of school hours
- To provide the Foundation and community with an opportunity to learn more about disconnected youth
Specifically, the Foundation will support out of school programs. Preference will be given to proposals that:
- Are focused on disconnected youth
- Serve youth between the ages of 5-17 years old
- Reach at least 100 new youth
- Offer summer programming
Amount: Not specified.
Eligibility: Nonprofit organizations, including churches and units of government, located in the Paso del Norte Region (El Paso and Hudspeth Counties in far west Texas, Doña Ana, Luna, and Otero Counties in southern New Mexico, and the municipality of Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua, Mexico).