PeopleForBikes FoundationDeadline: January 20, 2017
The PeopleForBikes Community Grant Program supports bicycle infrastructure projects and targeted advocacy initiatives that make it easier and safer for people of all ages and abilities to ride. PeopleForBikes focuses most grant funds on bicycle infrastructure projects such as:
- Bike paths, lanes, trails, and bridges
- Mountain bike facilities
- Bike parks and pump tracks
- BMX facilities
- End-of-trip facilities such as bike racks, bike parking, bike repair stations, and bike storage
It will also fund some advocacy projects, such as:
- Programs that transform city streets, such as Ciclovías or Open Streets Days
- Initiatives designed to increase ridership or the investment in bicycle infrastructure
PeopleForBikes will fund engineering and design work, construction costs including materials, labor, and equipment rental, and reasonable volunteer support costs. For advocacy projects, it will fund staffing that is directly related to accomplishing the goals of the initiative.
Amount: Up to $10,000. At least 50% of the funding must come from another source(s).
Eligibility: Nonprofit organizations with a focus on bicycling, active transportation, or community development; city or county agencies or departments; and state or federal agencies working locally.