PNM Reduce Your Use GrantsDeadline: September 19, 2014
Reduce Your Use Grants help nonprofit organizations put their energy-saving ideas into action with grants up to $5,000. Since its inception in 2008, this program has awarded more than $1.5 million to nonprofits around the state to help them decrease their energy use in order to free up funds for their mission-based programs. Reduce Your Use Grants include activities designed to educate employees, clients, and the community about the importance of energy conservation. Projects typically funded include energy-saving building upgrades and energy-efficient equipment and appliance upgrades.
- Energy-saving building upgrades
- Energy-efficient equipment and appliance upgrades
- Projects that conserve valuable resources for public use and future generations
Amount: $250,000 total available.
Eligibility: 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations who are located in PNM Resources service territory are eligible to apply. Priority will be given to organizations that have PNM employees and retirees actively volunteering with them.
Groups, programs and activities not supported by Reduce Your Use Grants:
- Individual teachers, schools or school districts
- Organizations without current or active IRS 501 (c)(3) status
- Payments of loans, interest, taxes or debt retirement
- Sectarian or religious programs for religious purposes
- Special events, annual events, camps or one time only events
- Veterans, labor and political organizations or campaigns
- Municipalities. However, if a municipality uses a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization as a fiscal agent, they may qualify.
- Organizations outside of PNM Resources service territory
- Organizations that are not registered with the appropriate state registration agency or are not in good standing with the registration body
- Organizations that limit membership and services based on race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age or national origin