Region 9 Education Cooperative / New Mexico Public Education Department: Indian Education Division Technical Assistance ConsultantDeadline: September 14, 2018
Region IX Education Cooperative (REC9) on behalf of the New Mexico Public Education Department (NMPED) Indian Education Division (IED) is soliciting proposals from highly qualified individuals or organizations to strengthen the guidance and technical assistance surrounding tribal consultation practices with the Public Education Department, Indian Education Division, Local Education Agencies and Tribal Education Departments per the:
1. Indian Education Act (2003)
2. State Tribal Collaboration Act (2009)
3. Every Student Succeeds Act (Reauthorized 2015) – LEA Requirements
- Indian Education : Title VI (6114(b)(7), (c)(3)(C))
- Impact Aid: Title VII (7004; 34 C.F.R. 222.91-.95)
- Title VIII (8538)1
4. SEA Requirement under ESEA Title I
- Title I State plan
Services to be provided under this RFP:
Support New Mexico Public Education Bureaus and New Mexico Public Education Indian Education Division by providing:
- Research and review federal and state educational statutory and policy requirements for tribal consultation
- Design tribal consultation guidance and technical assistance for the Public Education Department, Indian Education Division, Local Education Agencies, and Tribal Education Departments, including: 1) Development of consultation protocols and processes; 2) Local educational agency consultation training and preparation; 3) Consultation implementation and completion; and 4) Consultation results and reporting
- Provide consultation data and policy analysis support
- Conduct consultation meetings and facilitation support
- Develop technical report writing, editing, and review support
- Provide and develop “Consultation Best Practices” for Public Education Department, Indian Education Division, Local Education Agencies and Tribal Education Departments
- Must have a good working relationship the 22 Tribes/Nations in New Mexico.
Amount: Contract award(s) will be made.
Eligibility: Organizations or individuals may apply.