Roddenberry Foundation: The Roddenberry FellowshipDeadline: August 22, 2017
The Roddenberry Fellowship is a new 12-month program for activists from across the country who are working to protect the most vulnerable and to make the U.S. a more inclusive and equitable place to live. Fellows will receive financial and tailored support to help implement a project or initiative in one of four areas:
- Civil Rights
- Climate change and environmental justice
- Immigration and refugee rights
- LGBTQIA and women’s rights
The 12-month commitment is intended to help Roddenberry Fellows take an existing initiative (e.g., a campaign, an organization, an installation) to the next level and amplify its impact or to launch a new initiative. The Foundation does not aim to dictate how Fellows plan to bring about change on a chosen issue, but note that the Foundation is interested in impact.The Foundation favors innovative approaches: projects that push boundaries, are cross-sectoral, challenge tradition, seek new ways of approaching systemic and entrenched problems, or leverage specific (timely) opportunities in unconventional ways.
Amount: Twenty fellows will receive the following forms of support:
- $50,000 to support an initiative that has direct impact in your field
- One-on-one professional coaching and development opportunities
- Virtual collaboration sessions to provide ongoing advisement, support, and training
- An in-person three-day retreat in February 2018 with the entire cohort, community leaders, and coaches
Eligibility: U.S. citizens, permanent residents, or current visa holders in the 50 United States who are 18 years of age or older who are affiliated with, employed by, or hosted by a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, academic institution, or established volunteer group at the time of the application. Proposed initiatives must have an annual budget of $1,000,000 or less and must not involve any attempt to influence legislation or the outcome of any specific public election or the carrying on of any voter registration drive.