Soccer Foundation: Safe Places to PlayDeadline: September 27, 2019
Safe Places to Play transforms abandoned courts, empty schoolyards, vacant lots, and the like into state-of-the-art soccer fields for kids. The Foundation awards grants three times a year to underserved communities to help cover the costs of lighting, irrigation, construction, surfacing, and enhancement.
Safe Places to Play grants are available in four categories:
- Lighting: Grants are awarded for the purchase of Musco Lighting products to light fields
- Irrigation: Grants are awarded for the purchase of Hunter Industries irrigation products
- Modular athletic flooring: Grants are awarded for the installation of Sport Court, which is an innovative, modular sport surface (non-turf) that delivers superior playability, speed, safety, shock absorption, and traction
Amount: Varies by type:
- Irrigation: Up to $15,000 per grant
- Lighting: Up to $25,000 per grant for single field projects and up to $50,000 for multi-field projects
- Sport Court: Up to 33% of PowerGame™ material cost
Eligibility: Nonprofit, tax-exempt organizations located in and proposing a project in the United States. Applicants should have at least 50% of the total project cost secured at time of application. Applicants must own or hold a 10+ year lease on field space.