Society of American Archivists FoundationDeadline: December 1, 2019
The Society of American Archivists (SAA) Foundation provides resources to enhance the work of the archival community. To that end, the SAA Foundation will support:
- Research and reporting about the profession, its practice, and its practitioners
- Development of professional growth opportunities
- Recognition of archivists via scholarships, travel assistance, and awards
- Programs to enhance the performance of repositories
- Efforts to persuade influential external organizations to create or promote archives
SAA’s Strategic Plan reflects the strategic priorities that guide the Foundation in working to achieve its vision and mission. SAA Foundation’s vision is to empower archivists to achieve professional excellence and foster innovation to ensure the identification, preservation, understanding, and use of records of enduring value. Its mission is to be a vital community that promotes the value and diversity of archives and archivists and serves as the preeminent resource for the profession. Core organization values are to:
- Advance the public standing of archivists
- Ensure the diversity of its membership and leaders, the profession, and the archival record
- Foster an open and inclusive culture of creativity, collaboration, and experimentation across the association
- Provide excellent member service
- Ensure transparency, accountability, integrity, professionalism, and social responsibility in conducting its activities
Amount: Grants typically range from $500-$5,000.
Eligibility: Individuals, groups, and organizations are eligible to apply for an SAA Foundation grant. Among the categories of applicants who are encouraged to apply are practicing archivists, SAA component groups, other organizations of archivists, and allied professionals.