The Association for Library Service to Children: Baker and Taylor Summer Reading Program GrantDeadline: November 15, 2017
The Association for Library Service to Children (ALSC) Summer Reading Program Grant is designed to encourage reading programs for children in public libraries by providing financial assistance, while recognizing ALSC members for outstanding program development. Applications will be judged on the following:
- The plan and outline submitted for a theme-based summer reading program in a public library
- The committee encourages innovative proposals involving children with physical or mental disabilities
Amount: Grants of $3,000 will be awarded.
Eligibility: Applicants must:
- Be personal members of ALSC as well as American Library Association (ALA); organizational members are not eligible
- Submit program ideas that are open to all children (birth to 14 years)
- Submit program ideas take place at a public library
Note: For information regarding ALSC and ALA membership see: http://www.ala.org/alsc/member-center/alsc-membership.