The Beacon and Verizon: Teacher Technology Grant
Technology Teacher Grants will fund projects that help students engage with educational content through the interactive learning experiences of Virtual Reality (VR) headsets. Studies suggest that education through VR can improve knowledge retention, concentration, and understanding.
Grants will be awarded based on the following criteria:
- Creativity: Is the educational plan original, creative, and fun for students? Does it combine VR technology with carefully designed lessons to engage students and promote learning?
- Feasibility: Can the plan be reasonably carried out in the classroom? Will the lesson plan and VR experiences be implemented within the current or upcoming school year?
- Age appropriateness: Will the VR technology be used for age-appropriate activities? Is the plan to use VR in the classroom tailored to fit the needs of K-12 students?
- Measurability: Can the applicant measure the success of VR learning in the classroom? Will there be corresponding tests, assignments, or other measures of student knowledge and participation?
- Eligibility: Does the lesson plan fit within the word count limit (500 words maximum) and is the application fully completed?
Amount: Two awards of $1,000 will be made for VR equipment for classrooms.
Eligibility: All applicants must be employed full-time as a Kindergarten-12th-grade teacher at an eligible elementary school, middle school, or high school in the United States. Applicants must intend to continue teaching full-time throughout the 2020-2021 school year. All applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent legal residents of the United States.
Note: To qualify as an eligible school, the school must appear in the National Center for Education Statistics database. Search for an accredited school here – https://nces.ed.gov/ccd/schoolsearch/.
This post was filed under: