The Beacon: Technology Teacher GrantDeadline: December 9, 2017
The Technology Teacher grant will provide teachers with funding for classroom supplies, educational subscriptions, apps for students, and more. The program encourages teachers to submit tech-focused lesson plans that:
- Teach students why technology is important (and how to use it) in the subject
- Include a detailed description of lessons, handouts, homework assignments, etc., plus a list of required resources
- Encourage participation and engagement with in-class demonstrations, hands-on learning opportunities, etc.
- Are designed for students between kindergarten and eighth grade levels
- Specify benchmarks for measuring students’ comprehension of major concepts
- Are solely the work of the teacher applicant, without the use of prepared educational materials available elsewhere
Amount: A total of up to six grants, ranging from $500-$1,000 will be awarded.
Eligibility: Applicants must be employed full-time as a Kindergarten-12th grade teacher at an elementary school, middle school, or high school in the U.S. A qualifying school must appear in the National Center for Education Statistics database (available at https://nces.ed.gov/ccd/schoolsearch/). Applicants must also intend to continue teaching full-time throughout the spring of 2017 and throughout the 2017-2018 academic year. All applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent legal residents of the U.S.