The Opera Fund: Civic Practice GrantsDeadline: September 10, 2018
Through the Opera Fund, the National Opera Center of America provides financial and technical support to its U.S. Professional Company Members and their partners as part of a broader effort to enhance the quality, quantity, and enjoyment of opera and music theater.
To advance this mission, the Opera Fund is accepting Letters of Intent for its Civic Practice Grants program, which builds on learning from nearly two decades of audience development projects and the recent work of the Civic Action Group funded by the National Endowment for the Arts. The program is designed to help U.S. Professional Company Members of OPERA America and their partners develop new and/or deeper relationships that lead to mutual understanding, sustained collaboration, shared projects, and programming that emerges from those interconnections.
Amount: Up to $30,000.
Eligibility: In order to be eligible for an Opera Fund grant, the applicant must be a U.S. Professional Company
Member of OPERA America in good standing. A company in good standing has met the following criteria:
- Has maintained Professional Company Membership with OPERA America for at least one year prior to the start of the grant period
- Is current in the submission of reports for any prior OPERA America grants
- Is current in the payment of membership dues
- Is current in the completion of the most recent Professional Opera Survey
- Is current in updating Membership Directory and Season Schedule of Performances listings
- Has OPERA America’s logo, including a hyperlink to the OPERA America website, in a prominent location on its website