Third Wave Fund: Mobilize Power FundDeadline: June 13, 2018
The Mobilize Power Fund is a rapid response fund for direct action, community mobilizing, and healing justice. The Fund supports the leadership of young women of color, trans, gender non-conforming, queer, and intersex youth under 35 in social movements. Projects must meet the following criteria:
- Reproductive and gender justice focus is clear: The applicant’s political analysis and project specifically address patriarchy, transphobia, homophobia, gender inequity, or gender-based violence. Gender justice activism includes racial justice; economic justice; immigration justice; reproductive justice; health and HIV/AIDS justice; trans/intersex/queer justice; disability justice; healing justice; and anti-violence and/or anti-criminalization work.
- Community leadership and accountability: Campaigns, efforts, or organizations are led by the communities they serve and are responsive and accountable to those communities.
- Timely, urgent, and strategic: The event or situation the applicant is responding to was unanticipated and requires urgent or timely action that is well thought out with clear goals and desired outcomes.
- Young women/trans/gender non-conforming/intersex-led: Young women of color, trans, queer, gender non-conforming, and/or intersex activists under 35 are a core part of the decision making process.
- Organizational need: The Fund will prioritize organizations with budgets under $500,000 and that are based in areas with limited access to philanthropic resources.
The Mobilize Power Fund may support the following:
- Actions against criminalization and violence
- Urgent community organizing or direct action
- Unanticipated legislative or ballot initiative campaigns
- Leadership training or participatory action research
- Healing and healing justice work
- Legal or bail fees
- Marches or rallies
- Conflict mediation/resolution
Amount: Grants of up to $7,500 are made per group. Coalitions or joint applications can request up to $15,000.
Eligibility: Coalitions, informal groups, and nonprofit organizations. Organizations do not need a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status or a fiscal sponsor to receive funding. Third Wave Fund strongly encourages grassroots organizations, groups, and collectives led by and for young people of color and low-income communities to apply.