U.S. Bancorp Foundation: Play – Artistic and Cultural Enrichment and Learning Through PlayDeadline: January 31, 2018
The U.S. Bank Foundation supports organizations that advance the following priority: Play – Artistic and Cultural Enrichment and Learning Through Play. The Foundation is interested in community programming that supports ways for children and adults to play and create. The Foundation’s Play grantmaking is distributed through the following priority areas:
1. Access to artistic and cultural programming and arts education: Grants seek to ensure economic vitality and accessibility to the arts in local communities, as well as support for arts education. Examples include:
- Programs that provide underserved communities access to cultural activities; visual and performing arts, zoos, aquariums; and botanical gardens for individuals and families living in underserved communities
- Support for local arts organizations that enhance the economic vitality of the community
- Programs that provide funding for arts-focused nonprofit organizations that bring visual and performing arts programming to low- and moderate-income K-12 schools and youth centers
2. Learning through play: Grants seek to support play based programs and projects for K-12 students located in or serving low- and moderate-income communities that foster innovation, creativity, and collaboration and impacts the overall vitality of the communities U.S. Bancorp serves. Funding support includes:
- Support for organizations that build or expand access to active play spaces and places that help K-12 students learn through play and improves the health, safety, and unification of neighborhoods in low- and moderate-income communities
- Programs that focus on using active play to help young people develop cognitive, social, and emotional learning skills to become vibrant and productive citizens in low- and moderate-income communities
Amount: Annual giving is $23,807,154 with grants ranging from $50-$850,000 and averaging $1,000-$10,000.
Eligibility: Tax-exempt, nonprofit organizations. Giving is limited to areas of company operations.
Note: The application period opens on January 1, 2018.