U.S. Department of Commerce: Statewide Planning, Research & NetworksDeadline: October 31, 2021
The Statewide Planning, Research, and Networks program seeks to build regional economies for the future through two primary avenues: a) Research and Networks and b) seeks to build regional economies for the future through two primary avenues: a) Statewide Planning and b) Research and Networks. Funding will help develop coordinated state-wide plans for economic development and data, tools, and institutional capacity to evaluate and scale evidence-based economic development efforts, including through communities of practice and provision of technical assistance among existing and new EDA grantees.
Applicants are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible.
Amount: $31,000,000 is available to make up to 20 Research and Networks Grant awards that range from $200,000 – $6,000,000.
Eligibility: Eligible applicants for Communities of Practice and Research Grants include a(n):
* District Organization of an EDA-designated Economic Development District
* Indian Tribe or a consortium of Indian Tribes
* State, county, city, or other political subdivision of a State, including a special purpose unit of a State or local government engaged in economic or infrastructure development activities, or a consortium of political subdivisions
* Institution of higher education or a consortium of institutions of higher education
* Public or private non-profit organization or association acting in cooperation with officials of a political subdivision of a State
Note: Eligible applicants for State Planning grants include Governors, the Mayor of DC, and other applicable Territory leaders or their designees. These applicants will be sent a formal invitation to apply.