U.S. Department of Commerce: Travel, Tourism & Outdoor RecreationDeadline: March 15, 2022
The Travel, Tourism & Outdoor Recreation program aims to assist communities and regions in recovery from the coronavirus pandemic’s significant negative impact on the travel, tourism, and outdoor recreation sectors. Funds will be allocated to support the following efforts:
* Competitive Grants: $240 million to help communities that have been hardest hit by challenges facing the travel, tourism and outdoor recreation sectors to invest in infrastructure, workforce or other projects to support the recovery of the industry and economic resilience of the community in the future.
* State Tourism Grants: $510 million in non-competitive awards to help states quickly invest in marketing, infrastructure, workforce and other projects to rejuvenate safe leisure, business and international travel.
Amount: $240,000,000 is available to make up to 150 competitive grant awards that range from $100,000 – $10,0000,000.
Eligibility: Eligible applicants for the Competitive Tourism Grants program include a(n):
* District Organization of an EDA-designated Economic Development District
* Indian Tribe or a consortium of Indian Tribes
* State, county, city, or other political subdivision of a State, including a special purpose unit of a State or local government engaged in economic or infrastructure development activities, or a consortium of political subdivisions
* Institution of higher education or a consortium of institutions of higher education
* Public or private non-profit organization or association acting in cooperation with officials of a political subdivision of a State
Note: Eligible applicants for EDA’s Statewide Planning Grants include Governors, the Mayor of DC, and other applicable Territory leaders or their designees. Applicants will receive a formal invitation to apply.