U.S. Department of Justice: School Violence Prevention Program
The Community Oriented Policing Services (COPS) Office STOP School Violence: School Violence Prevention Program (SVPP) provides funding to improve security at schools and on school grounds in the grantee’s jurisdiction through evidence-based school safety programs. SVPP funding is available under the following purpose areas:
- Coordination with local law enforcement
- Training for local law enforcement officers to prevent student violence against others and self
- Placement and use of metal detectors, locks, lighting, and other deterrent measures
- Acquisition and installation of technology for expedited notification of local law enforcement during an emergency
- Any other measure that, in the determination of the COPS Office Director, may provide a significant improvement in security
Amount: Approximately $25,000,000 is available to make up to 60 awards ranging up to $500,000 per award.
Eligibility: States, units of local government, Indian tribes, and public agencies.
This post was filed under: