U.S. Department of Transportation: Advanced Transportation and Congestion Management Technologies Deployment InitiativeDeadline: July 19, 2019
The Advanced Transportation and Congestion Management Technologies Deployment (ATCMTD) initiative will provide grants to eligible entities to develop model deployment sites for large scale installation and operation of advanced transportation technologies to improve safety, efficiency, system performance, and infrastructure return on investment. These model technology deployments should help demonstrate how emerging transportation technologies, data, and their applications can be effectively deployed and integrated with existing systems to provide access to essential services and other destinations. This also includes efforts to increase connectivity to employment, education, services, and other opportunities; support workforce development; or contribute to increased mobility, particularly for persons with visible and hidden disabilities and elderly individuals.
These model deployments are expected to provide benefits in the form of:
- Reduced traffic-related fatalities and injuries
- Reduced traffic congestion and improved travel time reliability
- Reduced transportation-related emissions
- Optimized multimodal system performance
- Improved access to transportation alternatives, including for underserved populations
- Public access to real time integrated traffic, transit, and multimodal transportation information to make informed travel decisions
- Cost savings to transportation agencies, businesses, and the traveling public
- Other benefits to transportation users and the general public
Amount: Approximately $60,000,000 is available to fund 5-10 awards of up to $12,000,000 each.
Cost sharing or matching is required, with the maximum Federal share being 50 percent.
Eligibility: State or local governments, transit agencies, metropolitan planning organizations (MPO) representing a population of over 200,000, or other political subdivisions of a State or local government (such as publicly owned toll or port authorities), or a multi-jurisdictional group or consortia of research institutions or academic institutions.