U.S. Department of Transportation: Advanced Transportation and Congestion Management Technologies Deployment Initiative
The Advanced Transportation and Congestion Management Technologies Deployment (ATCMTD) Initiative will make awards to entities to develop model deployment sites for large scale installation and operation of advanced transportation technologies to improve safety, efficiency, system performance, and infrastructure return on investment. These model deployments are expected to provide benefits in the form of:
- Reduced traffic-related fatalities and injuries
- Reduced traffic congestion and improved travel time reliability
- Reduced transportation-related emissions
- Optimized multimodal system performance
- Improved access to transportation alternatives, including for underserved populations
- Public access to real time integrated traffic, transit, and multimodal transportation information to make informed travel decisions
- Cost savings to transportation agencies, businesses, and the traveling public
- Other benefits to transportation users and the general public
The ATCMTD Initiative promotes the use of innovative transportation solutions. The deployment of these technologies will provide Congress and the U.S. Department of Transportation with valuable real-life data and feedback to inform future decision making.
Amount: A total of $60,000,000 is available to make 5-10 awards that range up to $12,000,000 each. The estimated period of performance is between 1 and 4 years.
Eligibility: State or local governments, transit agencies, metropolitan planning organizations (MPO) representing a population of over 200,000, or other political subdivisions of a state or local government (such as publicly owned toll or port authorities), or a multi-jurisdictional group or consortia of research institutions or academic institutions. Partnership with the private sector or public agencies, including multimodal and multi-jurisdictional entities, research institutions, organizations representing transportation and technology leaders, or other transportation stakeholders, is encouraged.
This post was filed under: