VentureWell: Faculty GrantsDeadline: November 6, 2019
VentureWell awards faculty grants to colleges and universities for the purpose of strengthening existing curricular programs and/or building new programs in invention, innovation, and entrepreneurship. Through these grant funds, VentureWell supports creative pedagogical approaches that generate student teams working on technology solutions to real-world problems, with the goal of the strongest teams applying to participate in VentureWell’s E-Team Grant Program.
Faculty grants support educational courses or programs at the intersection of invention, innovation, and entrepreneurship that lead to the creation and support of student teams. Focus areas include, but are not limited to:
- General (technology-based) entrepreneurship
- New materials
- Clean tech/renewable energy innovation
- Technologies that address poverty alleviation and basic human needs (including, but not limited to water, sanitation, healthcare, energy, agriculture, shelter)
- Tech-based entrepreneurship led by women and other underrepresented populations
- Biomedical and healthcare innovation
Amount: Grants range up to $30,000. The project period is up to three years.
Eligibility: Faculty and staff from VentureWell-member colleges and universities are eligible to apply. Membership dues and additional information is available at: https://venturewell.org/membership/. Proposals may include non-member partners from education, nonprofits, industry, NGOs, governments, and/or the investment community, etc.