VentureWell: Faculty GrantsDeadline: November 7, 2018
VentureWell awards faculty grants to colleges and universities for the purpose of strengthening existing curricular programs and/or building new programs in invention, innovation, and entrepreneurship. Through these grant funds, VentureWell supports creative pedagogical approaches that generate student teams working on technology solutions to real-world problems, with the goal of the strongest teams applying to participate in VentureWell’s E-Team Grant Program.
Faculty grants support educational courses or programs at the intersection of invention, innovation, and entrepreneurship that lead to the creation and support of student teams. Focus areas include, but are not limited to:
- General (technology-based) entrepreneurship
- New materials
- Clean tech/renewable energy innovation
- Technologies that address poverty alleviation and basic human needs (including, but not limited to water, sanitation, healthcare, energy, agriculture, shelter)
- Tech-based entrepreneurship led by women and other underrepresented populations
- Biomedical and healthcare innovation
Successful grant proposals will include:
- A focus on technology entrepreneurship
- Experiential learning by doing, and creative approaches to solving real world problems
- The formation of student teams focused on technology inventions with positive social and/or environmental impact
- A supportive entrepreneurial ecosystem for student teams to pursue commercialization
- A plan for continuation of the course or program after VentureWell funding
Amount: Grants range up to $30,000. The project period is up to three years.
Eligibility: Faculty and staff from VentureWell-member colleges and universities are eligible to apply. Annual membership dues are $999 for colleges or universities (see the following link to learn how to become a member: https://venturewell.org/membership/). Proposals may include non-member partners from education, nonprofits, industry, NGOs, governments and/or the investment community, etc.