Wells Fargo Housing Foundation: VeteranWINS
Wells Fargo is committed to working with local nonprofits to provide solutions in support of efforts to address safe and secure housing for all veterans, specifically veterans at-risk of becoming homeless and/or homeless veterans. The VeteranWINS Grant Program provides financial resources to help invest, strengthen, and support sustainable military and veteran housing programs. Grant dollars may be utilized for:
- New construction: Efforts that focus on site preparation for, and construction of, entirely new structures and/or significant extensions to existing structures (specific to homes of low- to moderate-income (LMI) homeowners and homebuyers) whether or not the site was previously occupied.
- Capital improvement/rehabilitation work: Efforts that focus on returning a residential structure (specific to homes of low and moderate income [LMI] homeowners/ homebuyers) to a state of utility, through repair or alteration. This may include simple repairs or replacement of items such as a furnace or a ramp (for handicap accessibility).
- Supportive services: Efforts focused on the support of an individual(s) or the community to provide neighborhood stabilization and or revitalization through housing initiatives to support independent living, rental assistance programs, and other means of housing support to help ensure safe and secure neighborhoods and homes for veterans.
- Large market size (250,000 plus residents): Five grants of $40,000 each will be awarded
- Small to medium market size (Up to 249,999): Four grants of up to $25,000 each will be awarded
- 501(c)(3) public charities with 509(a)(1) and 509(a)(2) designations
- 501(c)(3) public charities with 509(a)(3) designation – Type I or II only – if documented by the IRS, OR if legal opinion is provided
- Governmental agencies (charitable purpose), including public schools
Note: Nonprofit must have completed at least two consecutive years of operations (in the veterans space) as of the date of application.
This post was filed under: