Working for Inclusive and Transformative Healthcare Foundation
The Working for Inclusive and Transformative Healthcare (WITH) Foundation was created to provide financial support to organizations that promote the establishment of comprehensive healthcare for adults with intellectual or developmental disabilities (IDD), and are designed to address their unique and fundamental needs. All applications should compliment this mission and demonstrate how they will accomplish this overarching goal.
Programs should improve delivery of healthcare to adult customers with developmental disabilities and include at least one of the following:
- Improve health practitioner competency through education and/or training programs
- Address the current inadequate reimbursement system
- Advance formal care coordination including the utilization of trained support personnel/caregivers
- Increase public awareness regarding the inadequacies of developmentally disabled care in order to advance systemic change
- National efforts in digital health that support designers and developers to include the perspectives/experiences of the IDD community within the design process, in order to create better technology for all
- Social policy research
- Identify and overcome barriers to high-quality healthcare access
Amount: Grants range from $10,000-$40,000 and are typically for one year.
Eligibility: All applicants must have tax-exempt 501(c)(3) status as a nonprofit organization as defined by the Internal Revenue Service. There are no restrictions based upon geography. While applications from the San Francisco Bay Area may be given preferential consideration, applications from other areas in the United States will not be excluded. General operating support is only considered for grantees that have previously utilized Foundation project funding.
This post was filed under: