Bernalillo County: Rental and Housing Assistance
The Bernalillo County CARES Rental and Utility Assistance grant program will provide up to $5,000 to qualifying residential renters located within Bernalillo County, including the City of Albuquerque. Landlords are also being encouraged to begin the grant process to recoup back rent. Landlords who apply will also need their renters to submit the proper application and supplemental documents.
Note: There is currently a federally mandated moratorium on evictions, but not on rent payments. Rent payments still need to be made by tenants.
Amount: $700,0000 is available to make awards of up to $5,000.
Eligibility: The requirements needed to apply are detailed below:
* The dwelling unit must be located in Bernalillo County, including the City of Albuquerque
* There must be an active rental agreement or lease in the applicant’s name
* The rent must have been current as of March 13, 2020
* The applicant must be able to document a loss of income as a direct result of the COVID-19 public health emergency
* Utilities must be in applicant’s name
* Utilities must be past due or at risk of being disconnected
* The household income must be at or below the area median income level (AMI) of $51,643
Deadline: December 5, 2020.
|Sector||COVID-19 Emergency Response|
|Deadline||December 5, 2020|