Chamiza Foundation: COVID-19 Emergency Relief Funding
The COVID-19 pandemic has affected the entire world, but Pueblo communities have suffered particularly difficult consequences. Chamiza will provide support to organizations that respond to direct threats from COVID-19. Grant making priorities for relief efforts are detailed below.
- Food, medical supplies, and personal items
- Community relief and recovery needs
- Internet access and connectivity
- Other needs and expenses directly related to the COVID-19 pandemic
Amount: Awards range from $3,000-$12,000.
Eligibility: Proposals are accepted from:
- New Mexico’s 19 Pueblo Indian tribal communities.
- Ysleta del Sur Pueblo, El Paso, Texas, member of the All Pueblo Council of Governors and the 20th Pueblo.
- Pueblo community leaders.
- Non-Pueblo organizations that serve Pueblo communities. These entities must submit a letter of support from the Governor of the Pueblo as evidence that the community has requested their involvement.
Deadlines: February 12 and May 7 in 2021.
|Eligibility||Individual, Nonprofit Organization, Tribal Organization|
|Sector||COVID-19 Emergency Response|