City of Albuquerque: Outdoor Retail Grant Funding
The Outdoor Retail Grant will support restaurants by expanding areas available for COVID-Safe outdoor dine-in services and to help promote the health, safety, and general welfare of restaurant staff and their customers. The program aims to:
- Enable rapid permitting of outdoor dining (sidewalks, parking lots, parklets, street closures) areas for existing restaurants in locations that would otherwise be required for parking, setbacks, or landscaping on a property for the duration of the COVID-19 Public Health Order
- Facilitate a collaborative approach to streamline permitting process
- Assist participating restaurants with logistics and associated costs
Specifically, areas of support include the following:
- Sidewalk Dining: Allowing restaurants to utilize/expand sidewalk space in front of restaurant to offer outdoor dining space for customers
- Parking Lot Dining: Allowing restaurants to convert (private) parking areas and sidewalks into outdoor dining space for customers
- Parklets: Allowing restaurants to convert on-street parking spaces (parallel, angled, perpendicular) into defined parklets
- Street Dining: Temporary closing of a street(s) allows for the use of additional street space to expand outdoor dining options for restaurants
Grant funds may be applied to eligible outdoor retail experiences, retroactive to June 15th, the date expanded outdoor retail provisions were enacted by the City of Albuquerque.
Eligible applicants will be entered into a lottery to receive funding.
Amount: $100,000 is available to provide financial support ranging from $2,500-$10,000.
Eligibility: Retailers who are within Albuquerque city limits are eligible to apply for an outdoor retail permit(s), and for corresponding grant awards. Entrants must meet the following qualifications:
- Current City of Albuquerque business registration
- Must be in good standing with the New Mexico Taxation & Revenue Department for filing and payments of gross receipts, use, and withholding taxes
- Must have a City Temporary Outdoor Retail permit for the type of outdoor retail space for which they are applying for funding
|Funder||City of Albuquerque|
|Eligibility||For Profit Organization|
|Sector||COVID-19 Emergency Response, Economic Development/Job Training|