City of Carlsbad: CARES Act Relief Funds
The City of Carlsbad has been allocated federal funds by the State of New Mexico to provide eligible businesses with grants to reimburse necessary expenses incurred from March 1, 2020 through December 30, 2020 as a result of the public health emergency caused by the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic. Eligible expenses for reimbursement under this program include the following:
- Business Continuity: Non-owner employee payroll; rent; scheduled mortgage payments; insurance; utilities; or marketing.
- Business Redesign: Reconfiguring physical space; installing plexiglass barriers; purchasing web-conferencing or other technology to facilitate work-at-home; PPE and other COVID-related safety measures for employees and customers; or temporary structures to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
Amount: Not provided.
Eligibility: Businesses may be eligible if they:
- Had fewer than 50 full time employees on March 1, 2020
- Are currently and have been in business since March 1, 2019 or before
- Had a net taxable income that was less than $2,000,000 for the last tax year
- Maintain a current “Certificate of Good Standing” with the New Mexico Secretary of State’s office
- Are headquartered in the state of New Mexico
- Have a current business registration/license with the City of Carlsbad and are located within the City of Carlsbad
- Were either forced to close or severely curtail business operations as a result of closure orders from the state
- Has eligible expenses that have not been reimbursed already through the federal SBA Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) or the Economic Injury Disaster (EID) Loan
Deadline: October 16, 2020
|Funder||City of Carlsbad|
|Eligibility||For Profit Organization|
|Sector||COVID-19 Emergency Response, Economic Development/Job Training|
|Grant Amount||Not Provided|