Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC)-owned businesses have been disproportionately affected by extended closures in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as continued social unrest across the country. Comcast RISE will support small and medium-size businesses, particularly within the Black community. At the core, there are three components to RISE: 1) A media and technology resources program, 2) a grant program, and 3) a business resource page on Xfinity X1 with curated content.
Specifically, selected businesses could receive one or more of the following business services through Effectv, the advertising sales division of Comcast, and Comcast Business, a provider of technology for businesses of all sizes:
- Consulting: Advertising and marketing consultations with local Effectv marketing, research, and creative teams to gain insights on how to grow the business
- Media: A linear TV media schedule, over a 90-day period
Creative production: Turnkey production of a 30-second TV commercial, plus a media strategy consultation and 90-day media placement schedule
Technology makeover: Computer equipment and Internet, voice and cybersecurity services for 12 months, to support business recovery while implementing other Comcast small business initiatives (taxes and other fees may still apply for tech makeover services)
Monetary grant: To be launched November 28, 2020; more information is expected to be available soon
Amount: Not specified.
- This first round of the program is geared towards Black-owned small businesses
- Owner is at least 18 years of age or older, and is the primary decision maker for, and is actively engaged in the day-to-day operation of the business
- No more than 25 full-time and part-time employees for the Tech Makeover
- No more than 100 full-time and part-time employees for the Consultation, Media, and Creative
- Established business operations for at least one calendar year
- Registered to conduct business in one of the contiguous United States or the District of Columbia excluding the following: 1) For Comcast Business Services: Alaska, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Wyoming. 2) For Effectv: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Hawaii, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Wyoming
- Business is independently owned and operated
Deadline: November 7, 2020
Note: Subsequent selections will occur on a quarterly basis with the next selection period opening on November 28, 2020 and closing February 28, 2021. The application window opening November 28, 2020, will have an expanded program eligibility that includes Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC)-owned businesses.
|Eligibility||For Profit Organization|
|Sector||COVID-19 Emergency Response, Economic Development/Job Training|
|Grant Amount||Not Provided|