Eddy County: CARES Act Relief Funds
Eddy County has been awarded funds to provide eligible businesses with grants to reimburse necessary expenses incurred from March 1, 2020 through December 30, 2020 as a result of the public health emergency caused by the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic. Eligible expenses for reimbursement under this program include the following:
- Business Continuity: Non-owner employee payroll; rent; scheduled mortgage payments; insurance; utilities; or marketing.
- Business Redesign: Reconfiguring physical space; installing plexiglass barriers; purchasing web-conferencing or other technology to facilitate work-at-home; PPE and other COVID-related safety measures for employees and customers; or temporary structures to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
Amount: Not specified.
Eligibility: Businesses may be eligible if they:
- Had fewer than 50 full time employees on March 1, 2020
- Are currently and have been in business since March 1, 2019 or before
- Had a net taxable income that was less than $2,000,000 for the last tax year
- Maintain a current “Certificate of Good Standing” with the New Mexico Secretary of State’s office
- Are headquartered in the state of New Mexico
- Have a current business registration/license in Eddy County and is located within the County, but outside the incorporated boundaries of the City of Artesia and the City of Carlsbad
- Were either forced to close or severely curtail business operations as a result of closure orders from the state
- Has eligible expenses that have not been reimbursed already through the federal SBA Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) or the Economic Injury Disaster (EID) Loan
Deadline: October 16, 2020
|Eligibility||For Profit Organization|
|Sector||COVID-19 Emergency Response, Economic Development/Job Training|
|Grant Amount||Not Provided|