National Endowment for the Arts: American Rescue Plan Grants to Organizations #2 (M-Z)
Grants will be made to eligible organizations to support their own operations. Unlike other Arts Endowment funding programs that offer project-based support, Rescue Plan funds are intended to support day-to-day business expenses/operating costs, and not specific programmatic activities.
Note: Due to the large number of applications anticipated, American Rescue Plan Grants to Organizations applications will be divided into two separate groups: one for organizations with names beginning with A-L (solicitation #1), and another for organizations with names beginning with M-Z (solicitation #2).
Support is limited to any or all of the following:
- Salary support, full or partial, for one or more staff positions. Staff positions funded may not conduct work independent of the organization receiving funds.
- Fees/stipends for artists and/or contractual personnel to support the services they provide for specific activities as part of organizational operations.
- Facilities costs such as mortgage principal, rent, and utilities.
- Costs associated with health and safety supplies for staff and/or visitors/audiences (e.g., personal protective equipment, cleaning supplies, hand sanitizer, etc.).
- Marketing and promotion costs.
- Rescue Plan funds may be used to support existing jobs, new jobs, or to restore jobs that were furloughed or eliminated due to the pandemic.
The Arts Endowment intends to make awards that will impact a broad constituency. The following organizations are encouraged to apply:
- Organizations that serve populations that are underserved, such as those whose opportunities to experience the arts are limited by ethnicity, economics, geography, or disability.
- Organizations with small and medium-sized budgets.
- Organizations from rural to urban communities.
- Organizations that may be applying for federal support through the Arts Endowment for the first time.
Amount: Applicants may request a fixed grant amount for: $50,000, $100,000 or $150,000 for a grant period of up to two years.
Eligibility: Nonprofit, tax-exempt 501(c)(3), U.S. organizations; units of state or local government; or federally recognized tribal communities or tribes may apply. Applicants may be arts organizations, local arts agencies, arts service organizations, local education agencies (school districts), and other organizations that can help advance the goals of the Arts Endowment. Applicants must have completed a three-year history of arts programming prior to the application deadline. See solicitation for eligibility details.
Deadline: August 12, 2021
|Funder||National Endowment for the Arts|
|Eligibility||Local Government, Nonprofit Organization, State Government, Tribal Government|
|Sector||Arts & Humanities|
|Grant Amount||$50,000, $100,000 or $150,000|
|Deadline||August 12, 2021|