New Mexico Oil & Gas Association: Brighter Future Fund – Round 2, Southern New Mexico
The New Mexico Oil & Gas Association (NMOGA) is a statewide coalition of oil and natural gas stakeholders, individuals, and companies dedicated to promoting the safe and environmentally responsible development of New Mexico’s oil and natural gas resources. The second round of the Brighter Future Fund will focus on the Southern region of New Mexico. Grantmaking will focus on three areas:
1. Education (early childhood – adult):
* Programs that support STEM development and achievement.
* Programs that strengthen and promote family engagement through education.
* Programs that provide training, access and/or professional development opportunities for teachers to incorporate social-emotional learning and trauma-informed learning for their students.
* Programs that provide access to technology and distance learning for at-risk populations.
2. Economic Opportunities:
* Programs that offer skills-based education and/or workforce training to improve economic opportunities for New Mexico residents.
* Financial literacy programs so families and/or individuals can begin building financial assets.
* Programs that provide small business development and entrepreneurial support to stimulate local economic growth and revitalization during/after COVID-19.
* Programs that provide basic food and nutritional needs, such as food banks, food pantries and free-reduced food services.
* Programs that address the cross section of hunger and homelessness.
Amount: Grants will range from $5,000 – $10,000.
Eligibility: Organizations must be:
* Tax exempt pursuant to section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code (the “Code”) and classified as a public charity under section 509(a)(1) or section 509(a)(2) of the Code; an educational institution; or a governmental entity.
* Located in, and with primary services located in, the following counties: Catron, Socorro, Lincoln, De Baca, Roosevelt, Curry, Lea, Chaves, Eddy, Otero, Sierra, Doña Ana, Luna, Grant, and Hidalgo.
* In compliance with the IRS Guidestar Charity Check Report, NM Attorney General’s COROS filing, and the NM Secretary of State.
Note: Preference will be given to organizations with operating budgets less than $1 million.
Deadline: April 30, 2021
|Funder||New Mexico Oil & Gas Association|
|Sector||COVID-19 Emergency Response, Economic Development/Job Training, Education, Housing/Homelessness, Nutrition|