New Mexico Tourism Department: Cooperative Marketing Grant
The Cooperative Marketing Grant (CoOp program) supports a vision to grow the tourism economy in New Mexico.
* Double their tourism marketing impact with dollar-for-dollar matching funds
* Collaborate with for-profit entities to contribute up to half of applicant’s investment
* Harness the power of millions of New Mexico True brand impressions with proven creative and media tools
* Build marketing capability through media consultations and technical assistance
* Share measurable results and performance reporting to demonstrate the impact to your destination, attraction or event
Updates for CoOp program in FY 22 are:
* Unprecedented funding levels to recoup unprecedented losses
* Media strategy designed to meet your stated priorities
* Opportunity to apply locally allocated federal relief funds for greater impact
This year’s program will be different from past year’s programs, as it is expected to not require:
* Strong media buying power through shared investment
* Equity of New Mexico True brand power
* Dedicated support from strategy to implementation
* Rigorous performance reporting
Additional Program Notes:
* The New Mexico Tourism Department will prioritize applicants from destinations that have experienced the highest economic injury as a result of COVID-19 (determined by various data sources and research analysis).
* Representatives of festivals and events are encouraged to wait for special programs and funding opportunities designed to address their economic losses and unique needs.
Amount: Not specified. Past awards typically are within the range of $8,000-$25,000. The solicitation typically provides a listing of “media menu” option packages that applicants can choose.
Eligibility: Tourism-related non-profit organizations and local and tribal governments.
Deadline: Survey deadline: April 23, 2021; Application: June 1, 2021
Note: The online survey is a mandatory step in the application process where applicants will provide initial details about their destination or attraction.
|Funder||New Mexico Tourism Department|
|Eligibility||Local Government, Nonprofit Organization, Tribal Government|
|Sector||COVID-19 Emergency Response, Economic Development/Job Training|
|Grant Amount||Not Provided|