Allstate Foundation: Purple Purse ChallengeDeadline: January 22, 2019
The Purple Purse Challenge is a friendly fundraising competition that has raised nearly $5.5 million for nearly 200 national, state, and local nonprofits and the survivors they serve since 2014. Contributions from donors across the country have helped provide life-changing services to survivors, helping them get the financial knowledge, skills, and resources they need to break free from abuse and rebuild their lives.
Purple Purse Challenge Community Partners will tap into resources that can help them expand their donor base and increase funding through contests. All Community Partners will receive promotional materials, technical assistance, access to competitions for prize funding and the support of a powerful national public campaign driving donors to participate in the Challenge. The Foundation’s national media campaign will direct people to PurplePurse.com to learn more about the issue and donate to the Purple Purse Challenge where up to 250 nonprofits engage in the friendly fundraising contests, powered by CrowdRise. CrowdRise, a crowdfunding technology platform that will administer the Purple Purse Challenge, is an innovative and efficient way to raise funds online. Specifically, the Purple Purse Challenge will work as follows:
- The Purple Purse Challenge homepage on PurplePurse.com and on CrowdRise.com gives visitors a variety of ways to find a Purple Purse Community Partner to support. Individuals can donate to a Partner organization by: searching to find a nearby Partner; clicking through to any of the Partners listed on the leaderboard section of either Division’s homepage; or by following a direct link to a Partner’s Challenge page.
- Each Community Partner will have its own “Team Page” where it can raise funds from October 2 through October 31, 2017 through the Challenge. The Team Page is customizable and will include the organization’s logo, mission statement, survivor stories, videos, photos, and total amount raised.
- Community Partners will be divided into two divisions of roughly equal size based on organizational budget.
- In addition, each Community Partner is encouraged (but not required) to recruit “Fundraisers” – board members, community advocates, supporters, and friends – who use their personal networks to raise funds for the Community Partner and share messages about domestic violence and the Challenge.
Awards: The Allstate Foundation will sponsor contests for each Division throughout the four-week challenge. Partners compete within their Division in a variety of weekly contests. Contests and prizes will be the same for each Division, with Partners competing only against organizations within their own Division. Past challenges have included the following contests and sweepstakes:
- Get 5 donations and get entered to win a grant
- The next 200 donations of $50 or more will get a match
- Get 3 fundraisers to join the team and get entered to win a grant
- The 3 Partners that raise the most this week will win a grant
At the end of the Challenge, Grand Prize grants that range from $5,000-$100,000 are awarded to the top seven organizations in each Division that raised the most funding on CrowdRise.com.
Eligibility: Nonprofit organizations that share the Foundation’s commitment to ending domestic violence through financial empowerment are encouraged to apply.