American Association of University Women: Community Action GrantsDeadline: December 1, 2018
Community Action Grants provide funds that address issues related to the needs of women and girls or that provide information to educate and benefit the public on those issues. Grants support innovative programs or non-degree research projects that promote education and equality for women and girls. The proposed activity must have direct community or public impact. AAUW encourages proposals for projects that:
- Use innovative approaches to address local community needs or build links among community partners
- Build partnerships between schools and community organizations
Special consideration is given to:
- Projects directed by or collaborating with American Association of University Women (AAUW) branches and states
- Projects focused on K–14 (including two-year colleges) women and girls’ achievement in math, science, and/or technology
- Projects that include community partners (e.g., local schools or school districts, businesses, and other community-based organizations)
The following grants will be awarded:
- One-year grants: Funding is provided for community-based projects. Topic areas are unrestricted, but should include a clearly defined activity that promotes education and equality for women and girls.
- Two-year grants: Funding is provided for start-up activities or new projects that address the particular needs of the community and develop girls’ sense of efficacy through leadership or advocacy opportunities.
Eligibility: Individuals, AAUW branches with 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(4) tax-exempt status, AAUW state organizations, or local community-based nonprofit organizations (including universities) with 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status and that are located in the U.S. Project directors must be the applicant and must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents. The proposed activity must take place within the U.S. or its territories.
- One-year grants: Awards range from $2,000–$7,000
- Two-year grants: Awards range from $5,000–$10,000 over two years