AstraZeneca: Connections for Cardiovascular HealthDeadline: February 21, 2020
The Connections for Cardiovascular Health (CCH) program’s mission is to improve cardiovascular health in order to address a leading cause of death in the United States. The Foundation has identified six innovative approaches commonly used to improve cardiovascular health at the community level. Applying organizations will need to align with one of six innovative approaches as the basis of their CCH Next Generation program or identify their own innovative approach. The six innovative approaches include:
- Leveraging access for uninsured and underserved participants to improve cardiovascular knowledge and health
- Bringing programs to participants
- Educating children to serve as heart health ambassadors
- Improving cardiovascular health through food-based programs
- Using health coaches/promotores to improve cardiovascular health
- Providing culturally sensitive program interventions to maximize participant outcomes
Amount: Grants will range from $125,000-$150,000.
Eligibility: U.S.-based nonprofit organizations that have never been funded before by the Foundation through the CCH program. There is a preference for funding applications from the top 20 states by cardiovascular disease mortality (see detailed criteria of solicitation).