AstraZeneca: Health and Science Innovation ChallengeDeadline: July 28, 2016
Through AstraZeneca’s corporate contributions program, it supports programs and initiatives that innovatively address the challenges to healthcare across the U.S. through its Health and Science Innovation Challenge. For example, how does understanding the science behind treatments help patients make better health decisions? What does it take to challenge a person to not only think differently about their health but also to change their behavior? What’s new in how we engage the next generation in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) education?
Funding supports programs that meet one of the following objectives:
- Present a new approach, tool or technology to help solve a health challenge; or
- Build knowledge and skills in the fields of science, technology, engineering and math among K-12 or undergraduate students to be entrepreneurial problem solvers.
In addition to aligning with one of the above objectives, applications should address the following criteria:
- Respond to an urgent unmet need related to health and/or science in the community
- Describe the intended impact that the program will have on the target population
- Define measurable outcomes and outline a how progress will assessed
Amount: Grants of up to $15,000 will be made.
Eligibility: U.S. based nonprofit organizations.