Baseball Tomorrow FundDeadline: April 1, 2019
The Baseball Tomorrow Fund (BTF) is a joint initiative between Major League Baseball and the Major League Baseball Players Association. The mission of BTF is to promote and enhance the growth of youth participation in baseball and softball throughout the world by funding programs, fields, coaches training, uniforms, equipment, and other selected program expenses. In addition, BTF provides educational support to grant recipients and applicants to help organizations become self-sufficient and effective.
Proposals are evaluated based on if the proposed project addresses the key criteria detailed below:
- Increases the number of youth participating in baseball and softball programs
- Improves the quality of youth baseball and softball programs
- Creates new or innovative ways of expanding and improving baseball or softball programs
- Addresses programs for children ages 10-16
- Supports existing programs which have demonstrated success in providing a quality baseball or softball experience for youth
- Addresses opportunities for minorities and women
Amount: Grants average approximately $40,000. BTF does not set a maximum award amount. A matching grant of at least 50% from another source is required.
Eligibility: Nonprofit and tax-exempt organizations in both rural and urban communities.