Bernalillo County: Community Engagement Teams
Bernalillo County will support Community Engagement Teams (CETs) aimed at offering timely assessments and referrals to individuals experiencing sub-acute mental health conditions, individuals who may be in need of a short-term alternative to inpatient treatment, are not currently severely unwell or in a crisis situation, but who are at high risk of experiencing a crisis. These CETs will connect and serve people in need of sub-acute mental health services both pre and post behavioral health crisis. Offerors should focus on the logistics of how the team should function including how it will engage clients without law enforcement presence, make referrals to services, and follow up with clients. Offerors should also describe how the success of their services will be measured.
Local knowledge provided by subject matter experts and some available literature suggests that an optimally staffed CET will consist of a combination of some or all of the following types of professionals:
- A clinician (psychiatrist or psychologist) licensed for independent practice
- A peer with lived experience in mental illness or substance abuse
- A case management professional
- Any of the following: Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor; Licensed Independent Social Worker; Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor; Community Health Worker
Bernalillo County prefers that at least two of the CET members be licensed and/or certified professionals. Bernalillo County is seeking teams of 3-5 members.
While CET can offer a variety of interventions, the County expects CETs will offer some or all of the following services:
- Availability within 24 hours of initial call
- Primary assessment and triage of the client
- Completion of a thorough assessment of the client and/or family as appropriate
- Referrals to appropriate behavioral health services and support to assist with independent living
- Referrals to services related to life skills development, addiction treatment and counseling, medical care, food security, housing, transportation, and any or all other services that may be necessary
- Limited medication management or referral to medication management
- Periodic follow-up with client to determine if services have met the client’s needs
Amount: Bernalillo County may fund one or more Community Engagement Teams in pilot program format at a total cost not to exceed $1,000,000 per year. The County is interested in funding one or more interventions for two-year pilot contracts with the expectation that some of those pilots will be scaled-up and/or funded for subsequent years.
Eligibility: An Offeror is defined as is any person, corporation, or partnership who chooses to submit a proposal.
Note: A non-mandatory conference will be held on August 2, 2017 at 9:00 am at the Albuquerque/Bernalillo County Government Center, Bernalillo County, One Civic Plaza NW, 10th floor, Purchasing Conference Room C.
This post was filed under: