Bernalillo County: Youth Transitional Living ServicesDeadline: May 19, 2017
Bernalillo County will support the provision of comprehensive and coordinated wrap-around services directed at helping unaccompanied homeless youth achieve housing stability and secure futures. Awarded programs will serve unaccompanied homeless and precariously housed youth age 14–24 with identified behavioral health needs. Services should be comprehensive in nature and may include independent living services, housing search and placement, vocational training, employment assistance, educational advancement, mental health and substance abuse treatment, financial empowerment, life skills, identity formation, and service coordination. The goal is not to directly fund housing supports, but rather to enhance an assortment of services, which when provided with supportive housing, can help lead to self-sufficiency and stable, permanent housing.
The provision of these services should demonstrate tangible results addressing and mitigating underlying trauma, and long term effects associated with youth homelessness. Furthermore, services should ultimately assist in transitioning homeless and precariously housed youth into stable housing and into self-sufficiency in adulthood.
The scope of work does not prioritize one particular suite of supportive services, but there are several key service characteristics that proposals should address:
- Identification and elimination of gaps in behavioral health care
- Behavioral health treatment
- Diversity in supportive services
- Integration of existing social services entitlement programs for comprehensive wraparound service delivery
- Measuring youth activities and outcomes
- Well-defined outreach strategy that leverages existing referral sources
- Supplementing and leveraging existing funding sources for behavioral health interventions
- Ensuring safety for all youth
Amount: Not provided. Contract award(s) will be made.
Eligibility: An offeror is defined as any person, corporation, or partnership who chooses to submit a proposal.
Note: A non-mandatory pre-proposal meeting will be held on April 26, 2017.