Best Buy Community Grant ProgramDeadline: May 19, 2017
The Best Buy Foundation is on a mission to provide teens with places and opportunities to develop technology skills that will inspire future education and career choices. It strives to leverage its local community presence, its technology resources, and its talented employees to provide new and creative programs to serve its communities. The Foundation will support organizations that provide teens with places and opportunities to develop 21st century technology skills that will inspire future education and career choices. Examples of program activities include:
- Computer programming
- Digital imaging (photography, graphic design, videography)
- Music production
- Gaming and mobile app development
Amount: Grants range up to $10,000 and average awards are $5,000.
Eligibility: Nonprofit agencies and public agencies that have tax-exempt status and are giving teens access to opportunities through technology can apply. Eligible nonprofits may be a public or nonprofit community-based organization (for example, community center, school, or library). Minimum eligibility criteria also include:
- Organization must provide direct services to build technology skills in teens, ages 13-18.
- Location must be within 50 miles of a Best Buy store, Best Buy Mobile location, Best Buy Distribution Center, Best Buy Service Center or Best Buy’s corporate campus. To find store locations, visit www.bestbuy.com/storelocator.
- Organizations that have engaged Best Buy employee volunteers will receive special consideration.
- Community-based, outside-of-school programs are eligible.
- Organization must serve a diverse population in local or regional communities.
- Organization must show positive results against a demonstrated community need and will be required to submit a grantee report.