Best Buy FoundationDeadline: July 1, 2016
The Best Buy Foundation seeks nonprofit partners with out-of-school time programs that create hands-on learning opportunities for teens to engage in learning, experimenting, and interacting with the latest technologies to build 21st century skills. Programs should use cutting edge technology such as computers, digital cameras, video cameras, and professional software in a wide range of areas including but not limited to:
- Audio production (including music mixing and recording)
- 3D design and printing
- Computer maintenance and repair
- Digital photography/graphic design
- Maker faires/hack-a-thons
- Mobile and game app development
- Web site design
- Filmmaking and videography
Amount: The average grant is $5,000 and the maximum award is $10,000.
Eligibility: 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations and public agencies that are located within 50 miles of a Best Buy store, Best Buy Mobile location, Best Buy Distribution Center, Best Buy Service Center or Best Buy’s corporate campus.