City of Santa Fe: Lodgers’ Tax for the Arts – Target Impact SupportDeadline: July 18, 2019
The Target Impact Support program is a grant program for nonprofit art organizations with smaller budgets. The purpose is to help organizations grow their audience. The funds are used to bring audience members from at least 60 miles outside Santa Fe to a public event or performance. Applicants must present a focused marketing/advertising/public relations plan and budget that will
help them reach this audience. All outlets must reach audience at least 60 miles outside of Santa Fe.
Organizations who receive contracts for funding shall provide the following services:
- All required services to ensure the presentation and production of the projects as described in the application
- Present opportunities for youth and/or other underserved population to benefit from the project by providing free or reduced access to the project as outlined in the application and demonstrated by the documentation and reporting of audience statistical and demographic information, including minority participation in the project
- Market and promote the City by utilizing the City’s arts logo and credit line on all printed promotional material related to the project
- Promote and market the project locally and regionally, and demonstrate evidence of attracting audiences through statistical and demographic information
- Present arts educational programs and opportunities for the Santa Fe community that increase understanding of the project’s artistic discipline or work of art
- Encourage the cultural development of Santa Fe through maintaining high standards of artistic excellence as demonstrated by the presentation of performances, exhibitions, and/or services
- Strengthen the position of the arts as an integral part of Santa Fe by providing cultural benefits and contributing to the City’s artistic identity and access to underserved constituencies
- Provide a final report to the City providing statistical and demographic information about audience attendance and the results of the project
Amount: Organizations may request $5,000, $7,500, or $10,000 in grant funds.
Eligibility: 501(c)(3) nonprofit arts organizations located in Santa Fe with arts in their mission or purpose statement. Organizations must be in good standing with the New Mexico Secretary of State, and have budgets of under $200,000 for the last completed year.