Crayola Creative Leadership Grants
Crayola shares principals’ commitment to nurturing creatively alive children and using art-infused education to increase student engagement and learning. Art-infused education increases when a collaborative leadership team builds colleagues’ creative capabilities and confidence. Crayola will partner with winning schools on innovative ideas that will strengthen and spread educators’ creative capacity and the increase of art-infused education school-wide. Proposals must include the development of a school Creative Leadership Team that delivers professional development and documents the impact that increased school-wide art-infused education has on student outcomes. Preference will be given to applications that emphasize:
- Innovation: Generate new ideas that build colleagues’ creative capabilities and confidence. Try something that isn’t currently common practice. This includes creative leadership, professional development, coaching colleagues and building their creative capacity and confidence.
- Collaboration: Engage in collaboration school-wide, with parents, and involving community partners. Build a creative, collaborative culture.
- Sustainability: Ability to embed art-infused education in the school’s future plans, beyond the grant funding period. Long-term embedment is preferred over a single event such as an “art night.”
- Leadership: Focus on articulating a shared vision, coaching colleagues, collaborating to increase creative experiences, and using authentic assessment that values children’s creative expression and original thought.
- Art-infused education: The program, objectives, and budget should have particular emphasis on integrating visual arts into professional development, enabling teachers to use art across the curriculum. Other art forms may also be integrated, but grant proposals without infusion of visual art are less likely to be funded.
Amount: Twenty grants of $2,500 each will be made. In addition, each program will receive an in-kind grant of Crayola products valued at $1,000. Applicants who submit before June 9 will receive a Crayola Classroom Pack.
Eligibility: Principals who are members of NAESP (see www.naesp.org to find out how to become a member).
This post was filed under: